Decorating is something I do with a passion. It gives me so much pleasure to play a big part in the way my home looks. With every one on a little tighter budget this year will be a good year to put the old things we already have to work for us. I have used things in a different room or paint them a different color and I start to believe they are new. One thing that I have found to be so rewarding is to let your children help with the project. It helps give them pride in there homes and a since of accomplishment. Try some of the cheap home decorating ideas below.
1. Try this to make a small space look larger and fell brighter. Cover a whole wall with mirrors. Shop flea markets,yard sales,dollar general and use some you already have. Use all different size mirrors and paint them the same color to bring unity to your collection. Hang the mirrors at random heights, Start about chest high and go almost to the ceiling.
2. Use picture frames to create a new focal point in a room. Gather up old frames at yard sales or buy cheap ones at your local shopping center. Use all different sizes and shapes for this project. Get enough to cover a six by six square section. It does not have to be square I am just giving you an idea of the space you can cover. Take the backs and the glass out of the frames and discard. Take your frames and hang them on the desired wall in no certain order. Now comes the fun part. Find some wall words at your local craft store and create the saying that you like. There does not have to be an order here either just place them where they will say your saying.What a great focal point for any room.
3. Have you priced flower arrangements lately? If you have you will know that they carry a high price tag. This is what I do and I get compliments all the time. Shop you local craft store for there discontinued ideas or sale items.Sometimes they mark stuff down as much as 80%. Find one that you like the size and style of. Now shop for stem flowers that are on sale and pick your color and ad them to your arrangement to make them personal to your home.I really like to do this because over time you can collect up sales flowers for every season. Keep them in a sealed tote and when the new season rolls around just take some out and ad the new seasons. Now you have a fresh flower for every season and reason.
4. Paint just one wall in a room to create a stunning effect. You should stay in the same paint family but you can go as many shades lighter or darker as you want.This can be done in one day and can change the look of the whole room. Rearrange the furniture and you are good to go.
5. Use an inexpensive large wall clocks as the focal point in any room. When you use a large clock it can usually be used alone. They are making so many styles of clocks now you can always find a unique one to fit your homes theme.
6. Use Inexpensive area rugs to ad a touch of beauty to any room. Not only will it ad beauty be it can be your focal point and ad warmth to any room.
Learn to get the most for your money and when decorating the interior of your home learn how to bring some of that old stuff back to life instead of buying new.Sometimes after we look at stuff a lot we see it as lease desirable but remember how it made you feel when you first bought. Change it a little with some paint or new flowers and bring it back to life. Or maybe just move it to another place in the room.